Saturday, November 23, 2013

Welcome!

Welcome to my new blog! As of November 13th, I have learned that I had been selected by Samaritans, Inc. to be on their 2014 Boston Marathon team! I am overwhelmed with excitement and anticipation of the tasks ahead. For the next five months, I will be intensively training for the 26.2 miles, and also pushing to reach the ambitious $10,000 fundraising goal that I have set for myself. The money raised will go towards the invaluable work that Samaritans mission to prevent suicide and support survivors. Given that I am relying on a huge network of family and friends to help me reach this goal, I want to use this blog to provide all my supporters with weekly updates on my fundraising and training progress.

Please check out the tabs above for information regarding my story about why I am running for suicide prevention, and information about Samaritans and their work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment